From Thomas Koch <k...@orbiteam.de>
Subject Current state of PyLucene
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2015 21:55:01 GMT
Dear PyLucene developers,

I’d like to know about the current state of PyLucene and its roadmap.

According to the PyLucene website (latest entry 6 Oct 2014) PyLucene 4.10.1 is the latest
release whereas Java Lucene 5.0 branch appeared in February 2015 (as of September 2015 Apache
Lucene 5.3.1 is available).

Are there any plans to continue support for the 5.x branch (or in general current and future
Lucene releases) in PyLucene?
According to the Lucene website "PyLucene is a Python port of the Core project.“ - so it
would be great if it could cover the same Lucene as in Java.

We’re currently (still) using PyLucene 3.6 and would like to upgrade to a newer release.
Question is if we should upgrade to 4.x or wait for 5.x

It should be noted that there are certainly some people using PyLucene - for example I came
across the lupyne project: Pythonic search engine based on PyLucene, including a standalone
server based on CherryPy.
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/lupyne <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/lupyne>

best regards

Thomas Koch