From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: release votes
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 22:44:55 GMT
On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:

> I agree with you that making releases is important. However, when votes are
> called to actually make them, it's been hard to get voters to respond.
>
> Anyone can vote. Anyone with an interest should vote. Three PMC votes are
> required to make a release happen, though. But any vote for or against is
> important, PMC or not. Lately, it's been hard to get the TWO extra PMC votes
> needed to make a release happen (since mine is cast when I cut the release
> candidate). I think this is in part _because_ no one else is showing an
> interest in the release and casting a vote either.

I don't think thats necessarily the case, for me (as someone who tries
to vote for pylucene releases), the problem was a combination of two
things, as I did try to actually test it over the weekend:

1. being on travel, meaning stuck with a mac os X computer.
2. release candidate not compiling on my mac os X computer, because
something tries to apply -mno-fused-madd when compiling, apparently
this is a common issue with python and mavericks?

Two things that may have nothing to do with pylucene, but was pretty
annoying specially for a non-python developer :)

I am happy to try it on my linux machine tonight!