From Thomas Koch <k...@orbiteam.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 4.7.1-1
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 22:04:55 GMT
Am 09.04.2014 um 22:35 schrieb Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org>:

> I think all of these were covered last week on this list, or was it off list ?

Hi,

yes - sorry, just missed that discussion - it’s here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-pylucene-dev/201403.mbox/date

> Anyway:
>  - you must use the same compiler used to build python to build extensions for it - this
may imply building python from sources
>  - you must ensure that the desired version of the java libraries and header files are
picked up: setting JAVA_HOME correctly and/or the relevant variables in JCC's setup.py
>  - you should use the compiler and linker Apple Xcode command line tools (a separate
install)

> Andi..

In deed my python27 (stock MacOS X bundle) was built with GCC:
 Python 2.7.5 (default, Aug 25 2013, 00:04:04)
 [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 5.0 (clang-500.0.68)] on darwin

and I was using clang for the build process.

I was then able to build JCC 2.19 and pylucene4.7.-1 with gcc and these settings:

export ARCHFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
export CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc-4.2

Note that I installed gcc via homebrew (I didn’t want to try the alternative to build python
with clang ...)

Finally , 'make test‘ passes!

+1

regards,