From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can't build on Mavericks (different issue)
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 13:36:31 GMT

> On Mar 29, 2014, at 14:33, Mike McCormick <mccormick@runbox.com> wrote:
>
> Andi,
>
> Actually, it doesn’t—I have the command line tools installed.  At least on Mavericks,
gcc actually points to llvm-gcc which is a front-end to the same compiler!  This appears to
be a recent change.

Mavericks + command line tools + oracle java 7 is the combination I use for development and
it seems to work fine.

Andi..

> Mike
>
>> On Mar 29, 2014, at 3:26 AM, Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On Mar 28, 2014, at 22:57, Mike McCormick <mccormick@runbox.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Andi,
>>>
>>> I was able to compile by installing apple-gcc42 from Homebrew and applying the
appropriate symlinks to bypass Apple’s compiler.  It’s a stopgap, but it allows me to
proceed.