From Mike McCormick <mccorm...@runbox.com>
Subject Re: Can't build on Mavericks (different issue)
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 14:00:35 GMT
Sorry I’m so slow to grasp the issue.  It looks like the following file contains the flags
that were used to build Python, and these are used by Python.

	/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/_sysconfigdata.py

Interesting!  Sorry, Python newbie here.  I had no idea of the extent of the Python build
system.

This likely explains a LOT of the other issues I’ve been having with other projects, such
as “no symbol for x86_64” during linking.

Mike

On Mar 29, 2014, at 9:36 AM, Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:

>> On Mar 29, 2014, at 14:33, Mike McCormick <mccormick@runbox.com> wrote:
>>
>> Andi,
>>
>> Actually, it doesn’t—I have the command line tools installed.  At least on Mavericks,
gcc actually points to llvm-gcc which is a front-end to the same compiler!  This appears to
be a recent change.

> Mavericks + command line tools + oracle java 7 is the combination I use for development
and it seems to work fine.

> Andi..
>

>> Mike

the appropriate symlinks to bypass Apple’s compiler.  It’s a stopgap, but it allows me
to proceed.

>>> That's also an option. The Apple xcode command line tools (separate install)
should also work.