From Petrus Hyvönen <petrus.hyvo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem using generic types?
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2013 08:43:01 GMT
Hi Andi,

I see your point and have now kept in the pure python domain.

If I run my script from the shell by "python script.py" it does not crash. However if I execute
it line-by-line in python it crashes (or in other tools such as ipython notebook).
All classes used are non-wrapped java classes, but I get the same effect with classes made
for python subclassing.
I am getting this on both MacOSX 64-bit python and Windows 7 32-bit python.

>>> elDetector = elDetector.withHandler(ContinueOnEvent().of_(ElevationDetector))
#
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x000000010005da1a, pid=3318, tid=1287
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_45-b18) (build 1.7.0_45-b18)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.45-b08 mixed mode bsd-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libpython2.7.dylib+0x5aa1a]  PyObject_GetAttr+0x1a
#

from the stack it seems like there is somthing happening in "wrapType"
Stack: [0x00007fff5fb80000,0x00007fff5fc00000],  sp=0x00007fff5fbff470,  free space=509k
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
C  [libpython2.7.dylib+0x5aa1a]  PyObject_GetAttr+0x1a
C  [_orekit.so+0xa80878]  wrapType(_typeobject*, _jobject* const&)+0x58
C  [_orekit.so+0x554400]  org::orekit::propagation::events::t_AbstractReconfigurableDetector_withHandler(org::orekit::propagation::events::t_AbstractReconfigurableDetector*,
_object*)+0x1c0

First, is the generic class assignment correct as if to write "new ContinueOnEvent<ElevationDetector>()"
in java? And is it ok to use regular java objects/types?

Any other comments to move forward highly appriciated.. Is it somehow possible to get more
log what is going wrong?

WIth best regards
/Petrus

On 15 Dec 2013, at 2:40 , Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:

>> On Dec 14, 2013, at 19:14, Petrus Hyvönen <petrus.hyvonen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having a problem with I think might be related to generic types, but not sure
at all.

>> I'm wrapping a orbit calculation library, which has been working well but in latest
version is using generic types and I'm getting some problems. The script works when executed
in plain python, but fails in ipython notebook on this last line when executed as a couple
of cells.

> What is an 'ipython notebook' ?
>
> Andi.,
>

>> The section with problem in my script is:
>> elDetector = ElevationDetector(sta1Frame).withConstantElevation(math.radians(5.0))
>> elDetector = elDetector.withHandler(ContinueOnEvent().of_(ElevationDetector))
>>
>> In Java it would typically look something like:
>>
>> ElevationDetector detector = new ElevationDetector(topo)
>>                                           .withConstantElevation(x)
>>                                           .withHandler(new ContinueOnEvent<ElevationDetector>());
>>
>> It produces correct results in plain python, but crashes the kernel in ipython if
executed as cells, and in exection from spyder I get an error message:

>> " elDetector = elDetector.withHandler(ContinueOnEvent().of_(ElevationDetector))
>> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'wrapfn_' "
>>
>> As I have been using this setup stabely with lots of other functions it feels like
there is something with the generic type line, but I don't really know how to get any further?
I'm confused by that the pauses in the execution could seem to affect the result.