From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem using generic types?
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2013 01:40:11 GMT

> On Dec 14, 2013, at 19:14, Petrus Hyvönen <petrus.hyvonen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem with I think might be related to generic types, but not sure at
all.

> I'm wrapping a orbit calculation library, which has been working well but in latest version
is using generic types and I'm getting some problems. The script works when executed in plain
python, but fails in ipython notebook on this last line when executed as a couple of cells.

What is an 'ipython notebook' ?

Andi.,

> The section with problem in my script is:
> elDetector = ElevationDetector(sta1Frame).withConstantElevation(math.radians(5.0))
> elDetector = elDetector.withHandler(ContinueOnEvent().of_(ElevationDetector))
>
> In Java it would typically look something like:
>
> ElevationDetector detector = new ElevationDetector(topo)
>                                            .withConstantElevation(x)
>                                            .withHandler(new ContinueOnEvent<ElevationDetector>());
>
> It produces correct results in plain python, but crashes the kernel in ipython if executed
as cells, and in exection from spyder I get an error message:

> " elDetector = elDetector.withHandler(ContinueOnEvent().of_(ElevationDetector))
> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'wrapfn_' "
>
> As I have been using this setup stabely with lots of other functions it feels like there
is something with the generic type line, but I don't really know how to get any further? I'm
confused by that the pauses in the execution could seem to affect the result.