From Thomas Koch <k...@orbiteam.de>
Subject Re: FacetExample.py
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 21:44:03 GMT
Hi Andi,
I could reproduce this and fixed it. A patch is available here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4384120/pylucene42-facetexample-patch-20130408.txt

This is caused by change LUCENE-4700 in 4.2.1
cf. http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_2_1/changes/Changes.html

regards
Thomas
--
Am 07.04.2013 um 00:22 schrieb Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org>:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I resumed with the PyLucene samples migration and FacetExample.py is broken again because
of another change in the facet module (I guess).
> Namely, if you built PyLucene (trunk) against Lucene 4.2.1 by setting
>
> LUCENE_SVN=http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/tags/lucene_solr_4_2_1
>
> in the Makefile.
>
> Then:
>  $ rm -rf lucene-java*
>  $ make
>  $ make test        (all should pass)
>  $ make install
>  $ python samples/FacetExample.py index    (seems to work)
>  $ python samples/FacetExample.py simple
>
> you get this error:
>
>  AttributeError: type object 'FacetIndexingParams' has no attribute 'ALL_PARENTS'
>
> Could you please look into this, make FacetExample.py work again ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Andi..
>

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, Thomas Koch wrote:
>
>> Hi Andi,
>> You're right - and API docs are wrong. Actually both must have change after 4.1 release:
I checked the source of java-lucene v4.1 (lucene-4.1.0-src.tgz /  21-Jan-2013) and it matches
the online javadocs. So I guess you're preparing for PyLucene v4.2?

>> Note: I think that LUCENE_SVN=http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_4x
is the "trunk" where 4.x development happens (i.e.  "unstable") whereas
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/lucene_solr_4_1/
>> is the "stable" Lucene4.1/Solr4.1 branch (matching the 4.1 release and API docs).
So if that's right (please correct me if I'm wrong) - why did you choose the branch_4x?

>> Anyway, I fixed the FacetsExample.py for branch_4x now ,-)
>>
>> Some notes on API changes for those interested:
>> -the 'new' FacetsCollector has a factory pattern now:
>> public static FacetsCollector create(FacetSearchParams fsp, IndexReader indexReader,
TaxonomyReader taxoReader)
>> - the order of constructor arguments for FacetSearchParams has changed!
>> - FacetResultNode has changed: it used to be an interface but is now a concrete class
(and the method getSubResults of FacetResultNode disappeared)
>> - DrillDown.query() became DrillDownQuery() - with a new API.
>>
>> Well, at least API docs state it:
>> "WARNING: This API is experimental and might change in incompatible ways in the next
release."
>> So one should be warned...
>>
>> Here's the new version: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4384120/FacetExample.py
>> Or as patch to svn: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4384120/FacetExample_patch_20130213.txt
>>
>> Thanks again for your help.
>>
>> regards,
>> Thomas
>> --
>> Am 12.02.2013 um 22:36 schrieb Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org>:
>>

>>> Hi Thomas,

with the FacetExample.py - The imports should be OK now and most of the required changes are
done I guess. However I now reached another problem: I need to instantiate the class 'FacetsCollector'
but get an error when doing so:

>>> The FacetCollector class is declared abstract. Thus you can't instantiate it,
constructor or not. I think the intent is to instantiate one of its concrete inner subclasses.

[root/a nRes=10 nLbl=10]>, <FacetIndexingParams: org.apache.lucene.facet.params.FacetIndexingParams@f97ad3c0>))

>>> There are four constructors on FacetSearchParams, none of which seems to match
your call:
>>> public FacetSearchParams(FacetRequest... facetRequests)
>>> public FacetSearchParams(List<FacetRequest> facetRequests)
>>> public FacetSearchParams(FacetIndexingParams indexingParams, FacetRequest...
facetRequests)
>>> public FacetSearchParams(FacetIndexingParams indexingParams, List<FacetRequest>
facetRequests)

>>> See lucene-java-4.1/lucene/facet/src/java/org/apache/lucene/facet/params/FacetSearchParams.java
>>>
>>> You seem to be passing FacetIndexingParams last.
>>>
>>> Andi..

changed again and test_Sort.py needs to be ported again. Sigh.

with FacetExample.py. The test_Sort.py needed work shouldn't be blocking you.