From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject FacetExample.py
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 21:59:12 GMT

  Hi Thomas,

I'm working towards getting a PyLucene 4.1 release ready.
All unit tests were ported to the new API and now I'm onto samples.

The Lucene in Action samples are going to be dropped from the release as
they're not currently supported or being rewritten by the original (or
future) authors of the Lucene in Action book.

You contributed a sample a while ago called FacetExample.py.

Would you please port it to the new 4.x API so that it can be included with
the PyLucene 4.1 release ? I started porting it but the API changed in non
trivial ways and MIGRATE.txt doesn't mention how to adapt existing code to the
change; only CHANGES.txt excerpted below) and I know nothing about the
Lucene facets API:

   LUCENE-4647:
      CategoryDocumentBuilder and EnhancementsDocumentBuilder are
      replaced by FacetFields and AssociationsFacetFields respectively.
      CategoryEnhancement and AssociationEnhancement were removed in favor of a
      simplified CategoryAssociation interface, with CategoryIntAssociation and
      CategoryFloatAssociation implementations.

I checked in import changes for FacetExample.py (rev 1444622) but
CategoryDocumentBuilder no longer exists.

Please, let me know how you'd like to proceed.
Thanks !

Andi..