From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JCC linux patch
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 01:08:06 GMT

  Hi Caleb,

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012, Caleb Burns wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Great. Now, in order to get the patch to me, you need to either:
>>   - open a bug in JIRA and attach it there (PYLUCENE project)
>>   - or send it to me directly
>
> I opened a bug on JIRA for PyLucene and added the patch:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PYLUCENE-24
>
>> If you send patches to the list, they get eaten by the list processor.
>> Sorry.
>
> I didn't realize attachments were filtered.

I took a look at your patch. A couple of questions:

- In jcc/helpers/linux.py, you seem to be getting rid of the 0.6.15
   setuptools case. How is that version handled now ?
   I remember adding this case last May since it's a version out there in the
   wild and patching it failed as it needs the 0.6c7 patch.
   Am I reading this correctly that you're assuming 0.6.15 to be compatible
   with 0.6.1 distribute ?

- You have a line of new code in linux.py that says:
   +            if build_ext.use_stubs or os.name == 'nt':
   How can os.name be 'nt' when linux.py is being run ?

Andi..