From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Editing the PyLucene web site
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2012 23:17:13 GMT

  Hi Petrus,

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012, Petrus Hyvönen wrote:

> Thanks for your response.
>
> Sorry about the topic, my intention was not to hijack the thread, used an
> old message to get the list address...
>
> Send me instructions and I'll clean up the page.

The new site's source is checked into svn:
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/cms/trunk

Check this out into a directory of yours.
The pylucene directory is under content/pylucene.

To build a copy of the site to review and debug your edits, please refer to
this comment in the Lucene issue tracking the transition, LUCENE-2748:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2748?focusedCommentId=13080471&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13080471

Once you're satisfied with your changes, send a patch to the pylucene-dev
mailing list and I'll apply them.

Thanks !

Andi..

> Regards
> /Petrus
>

> On 17 jun 2012, at 18:39, Andi Vajda wrote:
>
>> Please, don't hijack a thread, start a new one when switching topics. Your questions
below have nothing to do with building on Python 2.4.

>> On Jun 17, 2012, at 5:39, "Petrus Hyvönen" <petrus.hyvonen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to clean up my wrap script and comes to some questions.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to see if a method or constructor is now wrapped due to that any
of its inputs/outputs are not wrapped? (to make sure that I haven't missed any --package)

>> Use dir() on the wrapper class to see what got wrapped. But to get a definite answer
you need to look at the generated source code to know about all the overloads of a Java method
that got wrapped.

>>> If i "--package java.io" does that mean that all classes in that package such
as "java.io.InputStream" is automatically packaged?

http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/jcc/readme.html

>> Yes, the software behind the site was switched and a bunch of work is needed to fix
the content up. Volunteers are welcome to help out with this. If you'd like to contribute
I can send you instructions.