From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: building JCC on Python 2.4
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2012 16:39:30 GMT
Please, don't hijack a thread, start a new one when switching topics. Your questions below
have nothing to do with building on Python 2.4.

On Jun 17, 2012, at 5:39, "Petrus Hyvönen" <petrus.hyvonen@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to clean up my wrap script and comes to some questions.
>
> Is there a way to see if a method or constructor is now wrapped due to that any of its
inputs/outputs are not wrapped? (to make sure that I haven't missed any --package)

Use dir() on the wrapper class to see what got wrapped. But to get a definite answer you need
to look at the generated source code to know about all the overloads of a Java method that
got wrapped.

> If i "--package java.io" does that mean that all classes in that package such as "java.io.InputStream"
is automatically packaged?

No, only if it is used by any of the classes or jars you explicitely asked be wrapped.

> BTW, it seems like the formatting of the docs has become a bit corrupted at: http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/jcc/readme.html

Yes, the software behind the site was switched and a bunch of work is needed to fix the content
up. Volunteers are welcome to help out with this. If you'd like to contribute I can send you
instructions.

Andi..