From Łukasz Jancewicz <dzin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCC CompileError -- incorrect generic parameter detection
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:46:12 GMT
Hi Andi,

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 17:09, Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:
> For example, is there a piece of gentyref code that I could 'borrow' (with
> attribution of course) and include that in the JCC sources to fix this
> particular problem ?

If you look at this file:

http://code.google.com/p/gentyref/source/browse/src/main/java/com/googlecode/gentyref/GenericTypeReflector.java

you'll see that it's completely independent from the rest of gentyref
library, so I guess that, technically, you could just copy & paste it
to JCC. I don't know much about Apache licensing, so I can't tell you
if it's legal/appropriate to do so. But the technical possibility
obviously exists. The advantage of including the library as a whole is
that any future Java changes (Java 7, etc.) and bugs can be
potentially taken care of by developers of gentyref.

> This code could be written in Java (and wrapped by JCC for itself)

That's what I did in my patch. I included gentyref.jar in the
classpath and generated JCC wrappers for it.
--
Łukasz Jancewicz