From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 3.1.0
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 22:38:08 GMT

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Bill Janssen wrote:

> Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Unless I'm missing something here, you've got two options before you
>> break your users:
>>   1. fix your code before you ship it to them
>
> Unfortunately, the code is out there for building, and the instructions,
> also already out there, say, "PyLucene 2.4 to 3.X".  I should be more
> careful :-).

Given that APIs changed quite a bit between 2.x and 3.0 and that
2.x deprecated APIs are removed from 3.1+ (unless I'm confused about
Lucene's deprecation policy (*)), your statement is a bit optimistic.

(*) maybe it's not until 4.0 that they're going to be removed ? I can't
     remember at the moment. Mike, if you read this, can you please correct
     me if I'm wrong ?

Andi..