From Roman Chyla <roman.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using JCC / PyLucene with JEPP?
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 08:36:43 GMT
Yes, and I can say it is working extremely well so far - we have done
and are doing some extensive benchmarking and tests. I also use
multiprocessing inside (python2.6) and I hope I would be able to
publish the source code soon, it could be re-usable. If you are
interested before that happens, please send me an email.

Best,

  Roman

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2011, at 21:50, Bill Janssen <janssen@parc.com> wrote:
>
>> New topic.
>>
>> I'd like to wrap my UpLib codebase, which is Python using PyLucene, in
>> Java using JEPP (http://jepp.sourceforge.net/), so that I can use it
>> with Tomcat.
>>
>> Now, am I going to have to do some trickery to get a VM?  Or will
>> getVMEnv() just work with a previously initialized JVM?
>
> Not so long ago on this list someone asked about this, using python from java via jcc,
something I've been doing with tomcat for a couple of years now.
> I sent a long, detailed answer. I believe it was to Roman Chyla. A quick look in this
mailing list archives should help you locate that thread and get answers to the above questions.