From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using JCC / PyLucene with JEPP?
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 06:27:20 GMT

On Mar 3, 2011, at 21:50, Bill Janssen <janssen@parc.com> wrote:

> New topic.
>
> I'd like to wrap my UpLib codebase, which is Python using PyLucene, in
> Java using JEPP (http://jepp.sourceforge.net/), so that I can use it
> with Tomcat.
>
> Now, am I going to have to do some trickery to get a VM?  Or will
> getVMEnv() just work with a previously initialized JVM?

Not so long ago on this list someone asked about this, using python from java via jcc, something
I've been doing with tomcat for a couple of years now.
I sent a long, detailed answer. I believe it was to Roman Chyla. A quick look in this mailing
list archives should help you locate that thread and get answers to the above questions.

Andi..