From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use JCC wrapper from C++ (no python)
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:34:02 GMT

On Mar 14, 2011, at 1:57, Ian McCullough <pylucene@ipmcc.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm curious how closely tied the JCC/Lucene wrappers are to Python. I've
> been looking for a way to use Lucene from C/C++.  I'm aware of CLucene, but
> it appears to have some serious issues, and I was pointed to PyLucene. Is it
> conceivable that one could use the JCC-generated code from C/C++ in the
> absence of Python? Or is the JCC code closely tied to the Python interfaces
> to use without heavy modification?

JCC in fact generates two layers of wrappers, C++ to JNI and CPython types to C++. If you
don't specify --python on the JCC command line no python wrappers nor python support code
is generated.
So yes, this is possible and even intended. That being said no one has used it that way yet
and some digging and programming is going to be necessary, for example with regards to the
JVM and JNI init code.

Feel free to ask questions on this list but be prepared to familiarize yourself with the JNI
side of things.

Andi..