From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cannot instantiate HashMap until after shared-module initVM()
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 07:15:13 GMT

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Roman Chyla wrote:

> Hi Andi, all,
>
> I have just came across behaviour which seems strange -- I have built
> lucene and wrapped solr + my own extension with JCC (ver. 2.7; OS is
> Mac, Python 32bi 2.6; using generics in all of the packages) All of
> the packages are compiled in the shared mode -- I import them in the
> correct order of: lucene, solr, my extension.
>
> Now i realized it was not possible to initialize a HashMap until the
> first extension (in this case lucene) is started
>
> Is this the effect of building them in the shared mode - where one
> depends on one another?

Are you using the --import flag with JCC to build your modules ?
This flag helps to avoid duplication of classes and wrappers and such
confusion.
1. build lucene as usual
2. build other modules that depend on lucene with --import lucene
If you're already doing so, maybe you need to add HashMap to the list of
classes being wrapped in lucene's Makefile (not there currently, only
HashSet is).

Andi..