From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 2.9.4-1 and 3.0.3-1
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 18:03:43 GMT

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Bill Janssen wrote:

> Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Yes, two things made me do this:
>>   1. Bill Janssen said on this list that an Apple developer he talked to
>>      said that the /Developer tree is the correct one to use.
>
> I asked again, and got this answer.  Looks like I was (wrong? talking
> about a pre-release version of Snow Leopard?); Mike says to just use
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers, and explains why
> that doesn't always work, and that they're aware of the problem.
>
> So let's just hardcode that path into the setup.py file for "darwin".

That would be the safer thing to do at this point, yes.

I wasn't able to build on 10.5 yesterday (my old G4 powerbook needs some
refreshing first [1]). Once I confirm 10.5 presents no problems, I'm
probably going to revert the setup.py change and prepare new release
artifacts and call for another vote.

Andi..

[1] bitrot story:
   - the svn I have installed there doesn't support the externals format used
   - updating svn via MacPorts requires a MacPorts update first
   - updating MacPorts implies a dev tools update (since it complains about
     Xcode 3.0 causing "problems")
   - installing the 3.2.2 devtools on my 10.5.8 G4 powerbook crashes the
     installer.app, consistently, while "looking for installation volumes"
   - downloading the 3.2.5 devtools took 3 hrs (3.52GB download, I was not
     able to find a Xcode-only .dmg, only Xcode+iPhone SDK, iPhone part which
     is not even supported on 10.5), download completed overnight
   - no time to continue this until tonight again