From Adil Lotia <adil.lo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 2.9.4-1 and 3.0.3-1
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 21:02:13 GMT
Hi Andi

I downloaded the release candidate from your staging area, and will be
running pylucene on OS X.
I am not sure if this is intentional, but was there a reason for this
specific change?

adil:681 lucene $ diff pylucene-3.0.2-1/jcc/setup.py
pylucene-3.0.3-1/jcc/setup.py
47c47
<     'darwin':
'/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current',
---
>     'darwin':
'/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current',

I have the standard JDK installation, which is in /System.

Also, this is my system config:
adil:689 lucene $ /usr/bin/sw_vers
ProductName: Mac OS X
ProductVersion: 10.5.8
BuildVersion: 9L31a

adil:690 lucene $ python -V
Python 2.6.6

adil:691 lucene $ java -version
java version "1.5.0_26"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.5.0_26-b03-376-9M3263)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_26-156, mixed mode, sharing)
adil:692 lucene

And for both pylucene-3.0.3-1 (rc) and pylucene-3.0.2-1 when I run the make
tests, most of the tests run fine, but a couple of them crash Python.
/opt/local/bin/python test/test_PhraseQuery.py
Ran 8 tests in 0.162s

OK
/opt/local/bin/python test/test_PositionIncrement.py
Invalid memory access of location 0x0 eip=0x240ba3b
make: *** [test] Error 1

I have tested this on three of our 10.5 systems, and it is reproduceable on
all. (The unit tests complete okay on 10.6). I have tried switching to Java
6 and/or Python 2.7, and I still get the same behaviour.  This crash is not
a show-stopper for us. Pylucene is working fine for what we need.

Cheers,
-Adil