From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: unfinished work on implib in jcc/setup.py
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 00:55:32 GMT

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Bill Janssen wrote:

> I'm looking at the setup.py for jcc, and it seems that there is some
> unfinished work lurking in there:
>
> IMPLIB_LFLAGS = {
>    'win32': ["/IMPLIB:%s"],
>    'mingw32': ["-Wl,--out-implib,%s"]
> }

It's correct in python.py but something similar could also be done as you
suggest in setup.py. Since I don't have a mingw setup, I can't test it.

> But later on we find code like this:
>
>        elif platform == 'win32':
>            jcclib = 'jcc%s.lib' %(debug and '_d' or '')
>            kwds["extra_link_args"] = \
>                lflags + ["/IMPLIB:%s" %(os.path.join('jcc', jcclib))]
>            package_data.append(jcclib)
>
> Looks like some work on casing this for mingw was started, but never
> finished.  Should this read:
>
>        elif platform in IMPLIB_LFLAGS:
>            jcclib = 'jcc%s.lib' %(debug and '_d' or '')
>            kwds["extra_link_args"] =
>                lflags + IMPLIB_LFLAGS[platform] %(os.path.join('jcc', jcclib))
>            package_data.append(jcclib)

I integrated your change as suggested, but after fixing the bug with
applying % to a list.

It'd be nice if you submitted functioning patches, especially for platforms
I can't/won't test on. Checked into rev 1005687.

Andi..