From Sanjeet Kumar <sanjeetr...@gmail.com>
Subject Distributing pylucene on Linux
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 09:53:58 GMT
 Hi,

We are using pylucence in an application and have compiled and build jcc
and pylucene successfully on Debian/Ubuntu.

We now want to be able to "distribute" our application as a more or less
self-contained zip file for use on any flavor of Linux (eg. CentOS, Redhat,
etc.).
It will contain our code as well as the pylucene binaries. The only external
requirements should be that the appropriate versions of python and Java be
installed on the user's system.

This works cleanly on a new Ubuntu system, but we had some initial problems
with CentOS. While we debug further, the question is:

Will this approach work? We'd like to avoid having to compile and build JCC
and
pylucene on all the distributions.

We are currently using python2.5, Java 1.6, JCC 2.1 and PyLucene 2.4.0

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions.

Regards
Sanjeet kumar.