From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pylucene in a virtual environment
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 23:17:32 GMT

On Fri, 21 May 2010, Herbert Roitblat wrote:

> Thanks, but unfortunately, I don't know what is right either.  This is the
> first time I am trying to set this up in a virtual environment. All I can see
> is that it's claiming that I don't have write permission  Using the virtual
> environment, I should not need to invoke sudo to install it because it should
> install in my virtual environment, not in  /usr.  The permissions error
> suggests that it is installing it in the global location, rather than the
> virtual location.
>
> I am using Ubuntu 10.04 with Python 2.6.2.
>
> My virtual environment is located at ~/herb/venv.
>

> I'm sorry to hear that when you run it from your virtual environment, it just
> works.  Clearly I'm doing something wrong.  I'll try to lay out what I did.
> The pylucene directory was mounted under my home directory:
>
> ~/pylucene-2.9.2-1/jcc.  I did try moving it to under my virtual environment
> directory, but that made no difference.
>
> I changed jcc/setup.py to point to the java jvm, which is in /usr/lib.

I think we're talking past each other and getting off topic from this forum
which is about PyLucene and JCC and not about virtualenv.py.

Still, if you can answer the question below, maybe I can help you debug
this:

What is the full path of the python executable you're invoking to build
jcc ? to install jcc ?

Andi..