From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems passing PyLucene objects to jcc-wrapped bobo-browse api
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 17:42:38 GMT

On Tue, 18 May 2010, Andi Vajda wrote:

>> I don't have this problem with my simple program.
>> My SillyAnalyzer class extends Lucene's Analyzer.
>> foo.Analyzer is the one imported from lucene.
>>
>>  >>> import lucene, foo
>>  >>> lucene.initVM()
>>  <jcc.JCCEnv object at 0x1004100d8>
>>  >>> foo.initVM(".")
>>  <jcc.JCCEnv object at 0x100410180>
>>  >>> foo.SillyAnalyzer.helloWorld()
>>  Hello World
>>  >>> foo.SillyAnalyzer.class_
>>  <Class: class bar.SillyAnalyzer>
>>  >>> foo.Analyzer.class_
>>  <Class: class org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer>
>
> I reproduced the problem on Linux but not on Mac OS X.
> I suspect some linker issue...

Adding the --import'ed .so libraries to the link line on Linux solve several
of the problems you reported:

   - import order doesn't matter anymore
   - initVM() order doesn't matter anymore
   - class_ properties are now correct

This is now checked into the branch_3x pylucene's branch.
Please give it another try with your software,

Thanks !

Andi..