From Herbert Roitblat <h...@orcatec.com>
Subject Re: pylucene in a virtual environment
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 17:17:26 GMT
Thanks for your efforts Andi.  I think that I figured out the problem:
I looked at the directory pylucene-2.9.2-1/jcc.  JCC.egg-info was owned
by root.  When I changed the owner and group for all files in jcc to
herb it worked just fine.

I think that I now know what happened.  I used a previously used copy of
the pylucene directory.  When setup install wrote JCC.egg-info, among
others into that directory, it wrote it as root because I used sudo
python setup.py install.  When I went back and untarred the tar file,
all of the files were owned by herb, but JCC.egg-info was not there at
all, it is added during install.

I think that the problem is now solved.  Short answer: when installing
in a virtual environment, use a clean copy of the directories pulled
from the tar file.

Thanks so much for sticking with me through this and for all the other
work you do on pylucene.

Regards,
Herb

On 05/22/2010 12:46 AM, Andi Vajda wrote:

> On May 21, 2010, at 22:00, Herbert Roitblat <herb@orcatec.com> wrote:
>
>> which python:
>> /home/herb/src/venv/bin/python
>
> Ah ok. So the python you're running to build jcc is the correct one.
>
> Well, you've exhausted the things I could think of for your problem. I
> recommend you now take your question to a forum that handles
> virtualenv questions. They might be able to help you further.
>
> Andi..

>>> So I ask again: what is the result of the command below ?
>>>
>>>  $ which python
>>>
>>> Andi..

I don't

environment