From Herbert Roitblat <h...@orcatec.com>
Subject Re: pylucene in a virtual environment
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 02:26:15 GMT
Andi,
Thanks for taking so much time.  Here are the exact commands and the
exact responses.

(venv)herb@Ubuntu2:~/src/venv/pylucene-2.9.2-1/jcc$ python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
copying jcc/config.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/jcc
running build_ext
(venv)herb@Ubuntu2:~/src/venv/pylucene-2.9.2-1/jcc$

(venv)herb@Ubuntu2:~/src/venv/pylucene-2.9.2-1/jcc$ python setup.py install
running install
running bdist_egg
running egg_info
writing JCC.egg-info/PKG-INFO
error: JCC.egg-info/PKG-INFO: Permission denied
(venv)herb@Ubuntu2:~/src/venv/pylucene-2.9.2-1/jcc$

Ubuntu 10.04, python 2.6.5

Thanks,
Herb

On 05/21/2010 06:28 PM, Andi Vajda wrote:

> On Sat, 22 May 2010, Herbert Roitblat wrote:
>
>> (venv)herb@Ubuntu2:~/pylucene-2.9.2-1/jcc$ python setup.py
>> build
>> (venv)herb@Ubuntu2:~/pylucene-2.9.2-1/jcc$ python setup.py install
>
> ok, and what is the result of the command below ?
>
>  (venv)herb@Ubuntu2:~/pylucene-2.9.2-1/jcc$ which python
>
> Andi..
>

>> Thanks
>> Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

I try

I'm not