From Christian Heimes <christ...@cheimes.de>
Subject Re: Problems passing PyLucene objects to jcc-wrapped bobo-browse api
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 08:38:35 GMT
Am 18.05.2010 23:19, schrieb Andi Vajda:
> The definition of 'sensible' then becomes a shouting match. This is why
> there is a dozen of so-called sensible defaults for each and every platform
> claimed to be supported. Between python 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 the way to invoke a
> module from the command line changed three times. What's a sensible default
> to that ??

Good point ... At least "python -m jcc.__main__" should work across
Python 2.5 to 2.7. The regression of "python2.6 -m package" in Python
2.6 was a real bummer.

> No, -l doesn't work, but adding the full path of the .so to the link command
> line works fine. I just add lucene._lucene.__file__ to setup()'s
> extra_link_args.

Oh, it's so easy? I was looking for a special argument similar to -l.

>> I'll send you a new Makefile and some example code tomorrow. In the mean time
>> I'm happy to write that your changes have fixed the issue with class_ and the
>> missing OrderHitsDesc enum.
>
> Excellent, thanks for the good news !

Sorry, the it's going to take me a little longer until I have something
useful for you.

Christian