From "herb@orcatec.com" <h...@orcatec.com>
Subject Re: pylucene in a virtual environment
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 20:28:18 GMT
Thanks, Andi.
Apparently installing this stuff in the virtual environment is a bit more
difficult than installing regular packages.

It looks like I am trying to install JCC.egg-info/PKG-INFO in the wrong place.
How do I tell it the right place?  I'm on Ubuntu 10.04, by the way.
Thanks,
Herb

(venv)herb@Ubuntu2:~/pylucene-2.9.2-1/jcc$ python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
copying jcc/config.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/jcc
running build_ext
(venv)herb@Ubuntu2:~/pylucene-2.9.2-1/jcc$ python setup.py install
running install
running bdist_egg
running egg_info
writing JCC.egg-info/PKG-INFO
error: JCC.egg-info/PKG-INFO: Permission denied