From Manos Tsagias <tsag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Local install of pyLucene
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2010 22:11:36 GMT
Hi Andi,

 thanks for the quick reply! I tried once to setup a virtual python env but
as far as I remember it didn't work out for me. My module repository has
grown large enough now and I don't want to risk breaking any dependencies at
the moment by converting to virtual python. I should do so in the future
though ..

 1. I didn't know about the --home parameter to distutils' install command

   so I just now added support for it. To use it:

    - get the latest PyLucene and JCC from svn at

      http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/trunk

    - rebuild jcc and install it with --home as before

    - in PyLucene's Makefile, set INSTALL_OPT to contain --home <dir>

I set INSTALL_OPT=--home $HOME/_python. Then I got the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/runpy.py", line 95, in run_module
    filename, loader, alter_sys)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/runpy.py", line 52, in _run_module_code
    mod_name, mod_fname, mod_loader)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/runpy.py", line 32, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File
"$HOME/_python/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/JCC-2.5-py2.5-linux-x86_64.egg/jcc/__init__.py",
line 27, in <module>
    import jcc.__main__
  File
"$HOME/_python/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/JCC-2.5-py2.5-linux-x86_64.egg/jcc/__main__.py",
line 88, in <module>
    cpp.jcc(sys.argv)
  File
"$HOME/_python/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/JCC-2.5-py2.5-linux-x86_64.egg/jcc/cpp.py",
line 418, in jcc
    raise ValueError, "Invalid argument: %s" %(arg)
ValueError: Invalid argument: --home
make: *** [install] Error 255

am I setting INSTALL_OPT correctly? Also, when I ran "make" (STEP 7), it
exported first a revision before starting compiling. Is that normal?

Thanks again,
Manos._