From Manos Tsagias <tsag...@gmail.com>
Subject Local install of pyLucene
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:59:21 GMT
Hi,

 I'm trying to install pyLucene on my home dir (I don't have root access to
the machine). I'm using the steps from
http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/documentation/install.html:

   1. pushd jcc
   2. <edited setup.py to match my environment>
   3. python setup.py build
   4. python setup.py install --home=/my/home/dir
   5. popd
   6. <edited Makefile to match my environment>
   7. make
   8. make install
   9. (PENDING) make test (look for failures)

Step 8 breaks when make tries to install on the system-wide python
repository. How can I change this? The JCC egg is correctly installed in my
home repository

Thank you in advance,
Manos._