From Bill Janssen <jans...@parc.com>
Subject Re: jcc build on systems without jni.h?
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:50:51 GMT
Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:

> On Aug 8, 2009, at 4:33, bill@janssen.org (Bill Janssen) wrote:
>
> > I was building on an as-yet unreleased version of a popular operating
> > system the other day, and found that jcc failed to build, because
> > jni.h
> > is no longer installed where one might expect it to be.  Don't know if
> > this condition will persist when this version of the OS is actually
> > released, but right now it's a bit of a show-stopper.
>
> Indeed. There is no JCC without JNI.
> Java without JNI... the jail would be airtight.
>
> Andi..

Well, yes and no.  The headers (jni.h) might properly be considered part
of the developer kit, rather than the runtime kit.  Lots of Linux
distributions separate runtime and developer components.  Just a heads-up
that the default location of headers for this Malus build may change in the
near future.  Though I think it's worth waiting to see what the release
has in it.

Bill