From Christian Heimes <li...@cheimes.de>
Subject Re: Pylucene installation issue on Ubuntu LInux
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:55:01 GMT
KK schrieb:
> Thanks Christian.
> After installing python-dev i'm able to do the build for jcc and then
> installed without gettig any error messages. Then from the main directory i
> changed the makefile and (surprisingly i dint see any site-packages
> directory under python2.6, but i still modified the path for __init__.py
> then running  "make"  downloaded lucene stuffs, I guess, and then gave me
> some error messages like this:
> <error snip>

[...]

> This cleary says that there is no __init__.py file, in fact as I mentioned
> earlier i couldn't find any site-packages directory under python2.6. Am I
> doing something wrong? Whats the way out?
>
> As a side note, I'm using open-jdk and not sun-jdk.

Where did JCC ended up? Perhaps it's in /usr/local/lib. Anyway you
shouldn't use an absolute path to call JCC. I suggest you use the
python2.6 as interpreter and "-m jcc.__main__" as JCC argument:

make ANT=ant PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2.6 JCC="/usr/bin/python2.6 -m
jcc.__main__" NUM_FILES=2

Christian