From Moshe Cohen <mos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Memory errors and "too many open files" when using Pylucene
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 16:48:26 GMT
Thanks.
Version being used : 2.4.1 .
I have already tried most of the well documented Lucene ideas. The seemingly
weird thing  is that the index is always quite small. I have experience of
much larger indices on SOLR with no such errors.

Started with a memory error, after increasing JVM heap on init I got the too
many open files error, increased the OS limit and got a memory error
again:-)
Of course, I got further along in each stage but ultimately I hit an error.
I can workaround the problem by just restarting the program. This is what
lead me to suspecting resource leaks specific to Pylucene.

Are there any useful monitoring functions that can retrieve the resource
usage state along the way?

Moshe