From Max Lynch <ihas...@gmail.com>
Subject SpanScorer Not implemented Error
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 05:28:58 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to get a list of all terms that matched a document.  So, if I
search for "John Smith", I want to know if I found "John Smith" specifically
in the document.  I can use the lucene results but I need to do more
processing based on exactly what was found.  I am using a highlighter and
formatter for this, but if I use the QueryScorer it breaks up the phrase
into "John" and "Smith", but only if the whole name was found.  I have
uncovered that maybe the SpanScorer would preserve the whole phrase, but
when I try to use it I get NotImplementedError.  Has it not been interfaced
yet?  Is it a difficult thing to do?

Thanks,
Max