From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to instantiate a Set?
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:57:54 GMT

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, Bill Janssen wrote:

> OK, I added JavaSet to my codebase.

You can now use the one in the PyLucene's collections module:

    >>> from lucene.collections import JavaSet

> But still no joy -- I can now call
>
>    mlt = MoreLikeThis(...)
>    mlt.setStopWords(JavaSet(set(["foo", "bar", "bletch"])))
>    terms = mlt.retrieveInterestingTerms(...)
>
> Unfortunately, I still get "foo", "bar", and "bletch" in the terms.
>
> So something is still off.  Looking at the code for use of stopwords in
> MLT, it's pretty simple and looks correct.

Well, that might be a different issue altogether. I believe PyLucene comes
with a sample illustrating MoreLikeThis functionality (in the Lucene in
Action sample set). Maybe there are hints there as to what might be wrong.

I verified that a JavaSet instance is a valid java.util.Set:

   >>> from lucene import *
   >>> from lucene.collections import JavaSet
   >>> initVM(CLASSPATH)
   >>> a = JavaSet(set(['foo', 'bar', 'baz']))
   >>> b = HashSet(a)
   >>> a
   <JavaSet: org.apache.pylucene.util.PythonSet@cd4544>
   >>> b
   <HashSet: [foo, baz, bar]>
   >>> list(a)
   ['baz', 'foo', 'bar']

You can also now make a HashSet via Arrays:
   >>> HashSet(Arrays.asList(JArray('string')(('foo', 'bar', 'baz'))))
   <HashSet: [foo, baz, bar]>

Andi..