From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to instantiate a Set?
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2009 23:17:37 GMT

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, Bill Janssen wrote:

> I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious here...
>
> I'm trying to call MoreLikethis.setStopWords(Set words).  I've got a
> list of stop words in Python, but I can't figure out how to turn that
> into a Java Set.  I tried "lucene.HashSet(set(words)",
> "lucene.HashSet(lucene.ArrayList(JArray("string")(words)))", and so
> forth, without much luck.

I just added the Arrays class to the build by adding java.util.Arrays to the
jcc invocation in PyLucene's Makefile and now the following just works:

    >>> a=Arrays.asList(JArray('string')(('foo', 'bar', 'baz')))
    >>> a
    <List: [foo, bar, baz]>
    >>> HashSet(a)
    <HashSet: [foo, baz, bar]>

I should have that checked in shortly.

You then get to decide: use the "makes me cringe" Arrays class or the
pythonic JavaSet.py/PythonSet.java combo :)

Andi..