From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: preparing for a PyLucene release
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 01:02:50 GMT

I think this is a good idea!

There were discussions late last year to do a 2.9 release for Lucene,
but realistically
it's probably  a ways out still.

The Lucene java release checklist might be a good place to check for
the "typical" things:

     http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo

Alot of that is specific to Lucene java, but a good amount is generic
and should be helpful.

I'd recommend keeping notes of what you did and then posting to the
Wiki.

Once you have a release candidate posted, then you should call for a
vote; you
should definitely encourage anyone & everyone to test/vote (not just
PMC members).

Mike