From Jacob Floyd <techgurufl...@gmail.com>
Subject Makefile question
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 03:13:28 GMT
Hello,
Simple question regarding the Makefile:

--- snippet ---
$(REGEX_JAR): $(LUCENE_JAR)
	rm -f $(LUCENE)/contrib/regex/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/regex/JakartaRegexpCapabilities.java
	rm -f $(LUCENE)/contrib/regex/src/java/org/apache/regexp/RegexpTunnel.java
	cd $(LUCENE)/contrib/regex; $(ANT) -Dversion=$(LUCENE_VER)
--- snippet ---

Why was it necessary to remove these .java files? Is this a change
that needs to become part of lucene itself?

In explanation:
I'm preparing PyLucene for distrobution on gentoo - and I need to get
it to work with the vanilla lucene jars, as that is another package,
and I can't patch it when PyLucene is installed.

Thanks,
Jacob Floyd