From Christian Heimes <christ...@cheimes.de>
Subject Re: Windows binaries of JCC and PyLucene
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:27:54 GMT
Christian Heimes wrote:
> I'm looking for Windows binaries of JCC 2.1 and PyLucene 2.4. I tried to
> build the Windows binaries myself using Sun JDK 1.6.0u12 and MinGW32 but
> I had no luck.

Good news everybody! Apparently the JCC sources are not compatible with
GCC 3.4. I had more luck with GCC 4.1.2 from
http://www.develer.com/oss/GccWinBinaries. I've appended a working patch
against the latest trunk.

The PyLucene Makefile is really a pain in the ... I had to pull off
several ugly hacks in order to compile PyLucene. Any other system than a
Makefile would greatly improve the situation on Windows. For example
http://www.blueskyonmars.com/projects/paver/ is really nice and easy to use.

Christian