From Aaron Lav <a...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Occasional SIGSEGV passing lists of ints to Java int[]
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 21:22:54 GMT
On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 11:50:14AM -0800, Andi Vajda wrote:

> Ok, so keeping these commented out, how much can you comment out of the
> actual initVM() defined in jcc.cpp until it no longer crashes ?

Unfortunately, if I add
    Py_INCREF(Py_None);
    return Py_None;
just before
     if (JNI_CreateJavaVM(&vm, (void **) &vm_env, &vm_args) < 0)
it doesn't crash: if I put it just after, then it does.  So either
initializing the JVM perturbs the environment enough to cause
the bug to manifest, or the code responsible is somewhere in Hotspot.

> --debug on have an effect on the crash ? (I expect that to also turn
> compiler optimizations off -O0)

No effect I noticed for --debug.  I checked the compiler command output,
and it did include -O0.

    Aaron (asl2@pobox.com)