From Aaron Lav <a...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Occasional SIGSEGV passing lists of ints to Java int[]s
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 00:44:10 GMT
On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 02:45:21PM -0500, Aaron Lav wrote:
> It seems like there's a bug which sometimes causes passing lists of
> ints to Java int[]s to generate a SIGSEGV.

I've noticed that a call to the wrapped functions doesn't seem to be
necessary to generate the exception: all that's required is that the
module be imported and the JVM initalized.  The list then seems to
have an element set to NULL, and any access, whether from Python or
from jcc trying to convert it to a JArray<int>, will fault.

(I realized this while trying to figure out why my hardware
watchpoints weren't triggering.)

I'm attaching a revised test_array.py which still generates a SIGSEGV,
and a gdb session.

(The NULL tends to show up at one or two offsets, although the
what offsets those are may vary with the code and environment running, which
is how I knew to look at 0x1a92a4 in the gdb session.)

   Aaron Lav (asl2@pobox.com)