lucene-openrelevance-user mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Re. Lots to talk about, ORP
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2009 23:21:02 GMT
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 02:49:39PM -0800, Mark Bennett wrote:

> 2: This should also inter-operate with multiple search engines, although
> some of the early contributors are focused on Lucene derivatives.  Our
> company tends to be very cross-engine focused.

Glad to hear it.  :)

> Are you guys on board with this?

Yes, there's agreement on that subject.  It's just a matter of the fastest way
to get something up and running.  If you submitted stuff that only worked with
e.g. Xapian, IMO that would be fine for now too.  Eventually we'll want to
consolidate, of course.

> Is there an SVN tree yet?  I hadn't seen one?

Yes it's there.

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/openrelevance/

Curiously, it's not linked from the project homepage:

    http://lucene.apache.org/openrelevance/

Most lucene.apache.org projects have the svn link under a "resources" tab.  I
can probably whip up a patch for that.

> Do you have any experience with the data formats the lists are archived in?

I think it's just mbox, since mail-archives.apache.org is powered by mod_mbox.
Whatever it is, parsing won't be a challenge.

Marvin Humphrey