From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Issue on the cloud
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 15:12:46 GMT

> 1. Why is this happening, are we trying to optimise prematurely?

If this is a new index, it's possible that you don't have anything to index yet written to
memory. (I think..)

> 2. If so then do I need to ever worry about writer.optimise or does
> the indexes eventually optimise themselves?

You probably don't ever need to worry about optimizing given the expected size of your index,
We'll be depreciating the optimize method in 3.6.

> 3. Also I noticed that there is a generics branch but cannot find any
> guidance into indexing/searching. I assume that the generics are for
> searching, does any exist?

The generics branch is really the same as 2.9.4, except of course we've tried to use generics
(such as List<T> etc).