From Derrick Okundaye <Derrick.Okund...@ice.org.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Lucene.Net ready for graduation?
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 18:48:17 GMT
+1

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

-----Original Message-----
From: Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 10:44:33
To: <lucene-net-user@lucene.apache.org>; <lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org>
Cc: <general@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: [VOTE] Apache Lucene.Net ready for graduation?

Hey All,

This is the first step for graduation for the Apache Lucene.Net project (incubating of course..).
We're taking a vote for the Lucene.Net community to see if the community is ready to govern
itself as a top level project.

Here is a short list of our accomplishments which I believe make us ready for graduation:
- Released 2.9.4

- Released 2.9.4g (Generics version)

- created a new website, with a new logo (a 99designs contest gracious supported by stackoverflow)

- Added two new committers bringing our total to 9.

- Preparing for 3.0.3 Release within the next couple of weeks

- Started work on 3.5 release.

This is the process we will follow:
- Community vote (this email). All votes count, there is no non-binding / binding status for
this
- We will propose a resolution for review (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENENET/Graduation+-+Resolution+Template)
- We will call a vote on the resolution in general @ incubator
- A Board resolution will be submitted.

As a community, if you would please vote:

[1] Ready for graduation

[-1] Not ready because...

I know I speak for all the developers on this project, we appreciate (and will continue to
appreciate) everyone's contributions via the mailing list and jira.

~Prescott

service on behalf of the Institution of Civil Engineers. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working

This communication, and the information it contains: (a) is intended for the person(s) or
organisation(s) named above and for no other persons or organisations and (b) may be confidential
and protected by law. Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful.

Thomas Telford Ltd
Company Registration No: 2556636
Registered Office: 1-7 Great George Street, London SW1P 3AA.