From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Lucene.Net ready for graduation?
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 20:52:33 GMT
+1

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Prescott Nasser [mailto:geobmx540@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 8:45 PM
To: lucene-net-user@lucene.apache.org; lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Cc: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Apache Lucene.Net ready for graduation?

Hey All,

This is the first step for graduation for the Apache Lucene.Net project
(incubating of course..). We're taking a vote for the Lucene.Net community
to see if the community is ready to govern itself as a top level project.

Here is a short list of our accomplishments which I believe make us ready
for graduation:
- Released 2.9.4

- Released 2.9.4g (Generics version)

- created a new website, with a new logo (a 99designs contest gracious
supported by stackoverflow)

- Added two new committers bringing our total to 9.

- Preparing for 3.0.3 Release within the next couple of weeks

- Started work on 3.5 release.

This is the process we will follow:
- Community vote (this email). All votes count, there is no non-binding /
binding status for this
- We will propose a resolution for review
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENENET/Graduation+-+Resoluti
on+Template)
- We will call a vote on the resolution in general @ incubator
- A Board resolution will be submitted.

As a community, if you would please vote:

[1] Ready for graduation

[-1] Not ready because...

I know I speak for all the developers on this project, we appreciate (and
will continue to appreciate) everyone's contributions via the mailing list
and jira.

~Prescott 		 	   		  =
-----