From "Richard Wilde" <rich...@wildesoft.net>
Subject RE: Issue on the cloud
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 15:32:58 GMT
Thanks Prescott,

1. Does this mean optimise can be called before indexing has taken place, I
suspect "yes"
2. Thanks for heads up, I have played around with adding/deleting lots of
docs and eventually the deleted files gets removed therefore I can assume I
don't need to worry. I have also used Luke to test searching etc.
3. Yes I understand you have used some generics, just wondering if anyone
blogged what is new/how to use them etc.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Prescott Nasser [mailto:geobmx540@hotmail.com]
Sent: 09 July 2012 16:13
To: Lucene Users
Subject: RE: Issue on the cloud

> 1. Why is this happening, are we trying to optimise prematurely?

If this is a new index, it's possible that you don't have anything to index
yet written to memory. (I think..)

> 2. If so then do I need to ever worry about writer.optimise or does
> the indexes eventually optimise themselves?

You probably don't ever need to worry about optimizing given the expected
size of your index, We'll be depreciating the optimize method in 3.6.

> 3. Also I noticed that there is a generics branch but cannot find any
> guidance into indexing/searching. I assume that the generics are for
> searching, does any exist?

The generics branch is really the same as 2.9.4, except of course we've
tried to use generics (such as List<T> etc).
=