From Artem Chereisky <a.cherei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.NET Community Status
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2010 11:02:15 GMT
Hi,

I've never been part of an open source project, hence I have some questions:

1. What entity determines the general direction for the project? Some people
think it may benefit from branching away from the Java, other think it needs
to be as close to the Java code base as possible.
2. Is there an entity which distributes or suggests the distribution of the
work, a project manager, if you want? If someone is willing to contribute,
how does he/she know what to do?
3. Finally, is there a process that ensures the adequate skills of the
contributors? For example, I may be willing to contribute, but, am I
capable?

Over the last year I've developed a robust search machine using Lucene.net.
It's on the web and it services over a million search requests per day. I
may be willing to contribute but someone needs to hold my hand at the
beginning.

And, a big thank you to those guys who kept it going so far.

Regards,
Art