From Marco Dissel <marco.dis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: faceted search with Lucene.NET
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 12:29:10 GMT
More info is always welcome! Maybe we can combine the efforts and make an
extension on top of lucene.net to support faceted searching in these
scenario's:
- without search query (the complete index) (for the first initial search):
. find top X values of one or more fields with the count of each value (desc
sorted)
. find all unique values of one or more fields with the count of each value
(desc sorted)

- with search query (to add another filter to an existing search)
. find top X values of one or more fields within the search result with a
the count of each value (desc sorted)
. find all unique values of one or more fields within the search result with
a the count of each value (desc sorted)

Are there more scenarios?

Thanks