From Lidia Rozhentsova <Lidia.Rozhents...@direkt.se>
Subject Lucene .Net for real-time full-text search
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:02:29 GMT
Hi!

My name is Lidia. Currently I'm looking for a search engine to develop an application for
Swedish financial news maker Direkt.se.

My goal is to find a search engine that allows a real-time full-text search. Briefly, a business
process that requires such a solution is:

 1.  Different companies announce that they will publish particular financial information
at particular date and time. This information usually consists of company name, financial
period, financial indicator (sales, gross margin, operating income)
 2.  At that date and time we receive html file with financial report (I attached an example
of such a file)
 3.  In the received file we have to find information that was described at the first step.
For example, what Sales the company had in the first quarter of 2010

We can have up to 100-200 files at one time and we have to find information that we're interested
in ASAP since time is extremely critical for the news maker company. So, we don't have time
for indexing files.

I've read that Lucene starting from 2.9 version supports near real-time search but I'm not
sure how fast it will work with the task I've described. Also, my company is interested in
Microsoft technologies, that's why I'm writing to .Net community.

Could you, please, clarify for me if Lucene is capable to support the task I described or
give me a link where I can read about it?

Thank you very much for assistance!

Best regards,

Lidia Rozhentsova

[cid:image001.gif@01CB097F.7E5C0ED0]<http://www.direkt.se/>

Utvecklare

Nyhetsbyrån Direkt

Norrlandsgatan 15

111 43 Stockholm

Phone

+46 (0)8 519 179 00

Direct

+46 (0)8 519 179 05

www.direkt.se<http://  www.direkt.se>

Mobile

+46 (0)76 062 50 45

lidia.rozhentsova@direkt.se<mailto:nlidia.rozhentsova@direkt.se>

This e-mail and the information it contains may be privileged and/or confidential. It is for
the intended addressee(s) only. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail,
or any information it contains, is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.