From Josh Handel <Josh.Han...@catapultsystems.com>
Subject RE: Commit on every write?
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:34:49 GMT
Belay that last email.. I noticed a config file was set to a merge factor of 128 LOL (that's
suppose to be the ram buffer setting in my config :-P).

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Handel [mailto:Josh.Handel@catapultsystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 9:26 AM
To: lucene-net-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Commit on every write?

Hello,
   I have a developer that wants to call commit on every Add or Delete.. Dispute it being
VERY slow (VERY VERY slow), I am noticing that each commit is creating a new segment.. and
at least in the 45 seconds I let the test run, merging did not kick off.. Is that normal?
Should each commit close the segment? And any ideas why merging didn't kick in?  in messing
with it, I now have 83 1k segments during testing.

Thanks.

Josh Handel
Senior Lead Consultant
512.328.8181 | Main